The area Rosengarten-Latemar offers many routes for cross-country skiing with runs in perfect maintenance:
Round trip: Frin with connection: Frin-Niger-Frin
Description: From the Sporthotel Alpenrose you can reach the connection run Niger (8km) through beautiful forest tracks und sunny meadows to the round trip Frin. It is located on the meadow underneath the Tscheinder-lodge und offers you a fantastic view at the surrounding mountains. From here you can also continue to the Niger-pass.
Round trip: Kareresee
Description: The round trip Karersee is located above the Angerle-alp next to the settlement of Karersee. It offers a beautiful panorama during the whole round trip.
This excursion is ideal for families, as the tracks of Carezza Ski are only a few kilometres away.
- In the region Rosengarten/Latemar cross-coutry skier can find four different centres:
- Deutschnofen-Petersberg-Weißenstein: overall 33km with 2 green, 3 blue and 2 red slopes
- Aldein-Radein-Jochgrimm: overall 39km with 4 green, 2 blue and 2 black slopes
- Lavazé-Joch: overall 68km with 2 green, 5 blue, 4 red and 3 black slopes
- Welschnofen/Karersee: overall 19km with 3 blue slopes.
Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi
Who wants to dedicate himself to cross country skiing during his vacation in South Tyrol made the right choice with the Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi: 60 kilometers of slopes with different levels of difficulties are spread all over the Seiser Alm. The tracks for cross country skiing have two or four lanes and are perfectly maintained. If skating or classic, beginner or professional, the Seiser Alm offers the right slopes for everybody. Beginners can learn and develop their style on the practice track of the Seiser Alm and find the right feeling for the sport. For advanced and professional skiers we can recommend the “Jochloipe”.